Wrapping Up 2015 #2

Here are some December photos.  It is 8:55 and Nick has been up once to deal with Lilly.  I've been up the stairs once to take care of Greta but by the time I got to the top, she resolved her own issues.  Here's hoping the trend continues and I can get this wrapped up!


One of the first snowfalls.  It took a lot of shoveling to get this much snow.  She is making him a hat.

Christmas Parade 2015. 
This was the day Greta was sick, so I took Lilly to the parade and Nick stayed at home with Greta.  It was very different from the year before - practically balmy and no snow.  Many of the people were standing in the road, but Lilly was happy in her chair on the sidewalk.  She wasn't getting any candy there, however, so after much cajoling and convincing that it was safe to stand in the road, she finally stepped into the road to watch the rest of the parade.

Haircut and Tootsie Pop from the haircut
We went and got her haircut shortly after we returned from Thanksgiving.  She was making it more and more challenging to get her hair brushed.  I think the new cut is adorable and she really seems to still like it too.
Fun!
We put a giant carpet piece in the play room downstairs and it came wrapped around this tube.  We played with it some this summer and brought it inside for more fun this winter.  We rolled cars down it from different heights and made predictions about which ones would go fastest and at what heights.  Oh, the unfortunate life of the children of teachers . . .

Winter Fun
Lilly loves playing in the snow.  In fact, when we had friends over and we joked about there being no snow this winter, she started crying.  Luckily we got some snow and she was able to build a more respectable snowman.  The two of us also went on a walk around the neighborhood looking at Christmas lights.  At the house in the bottom picture we stopped and she sang the entire "Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer" song.  (Side note - some of their trees are upside down tomato cages, which I find to be a genius idea).

Reading.  Lilly loves loves loves books, which I love love love.  Greta likes to eat them.

Miscellaneous
 Our friends Tim and Elizabeth are fantastic with the girls.  More so with Lilly, but when Greta becomes a toddler, they will be remarkable with her as well.  One activity that happens every time they come over is building towers.  They have used this to teach Lilly the words saboteur and sabotage.  One of Nick's colleagues gave Lilly a magic wand, so she was pretty excited.  Greta is just so darn cute crawling around carrying things in her mouth!

 
Lilly is all about Christmas. It made it a lot of fun this year, but also a bit stressful.  She turned herself into Rudolf, which is pretty fun.  My favorite part of this - she was singing a song, "I wish I was Ruldolf, oh I wish I was Rudolf.  (repeat this many times) But I am an Octonaut."  Cracks me up.  She is one imaginary character so she can't be another!
The new game featured in the bottom is run from one corner of the playroom to the couch as fast as she can (fastest run around 3.2 seconds).

December was a good month minus the overly warm temperatures and lack of snow. And now it is 9:42, the post is done and Greta is crying again.

Comments