| Sisters! |
While waiting for dinner, Lilly listened to books and then did hill repeats in the alley behind the restaurant. (We were eating on the back deck). Greta fussed a lot and eventually went to sleep in my arms so I could chat with people at the other end of the table. It was nice to catch up with my parents' friends who were a significant part of my childhood. I consider many of them to be unrelated uncles and aunts. It was especially great to see Carol and Virginia the day after the Supreme Court ruled on marriage equality. They were one of the couples that sued the state of Wisconsin for its ban on same-sex marriage, so nice to be able to celebrate a beautiful victory with them.
Greta was passed on to my dad, Nick finished his dinner after a break so I could eat mine. After dinner Lilly and I walked to the candy shop and I let Lilly pick out a treat. She picked a giant lollipop. My first instinct was to say no, but then I thought, what the heck. It isn't like we will let her eat the whole thing now, it won't go bad, and it is just as unhealthy as the rest of the candy. So, we left with a giant lollipop for her and milk and dark chocolate sea salt covered caramels for mom and dad.
Then back to the restaurant where we rushed to leave. Greta was losing it and we suspected a painful drive back to Ashland. My dad loaded some gifts/hand-me-downs, and other miscellaneous items into our trunk while Nick changed Greta's diaper. I rushed hugs and goodbyes and a potty break for Lilly. We got into the van, Lilly told her dad to step on it (often Greta will stop crying when the car is in motion), and we left Bayfield.


Comments
Post a Comment