The Dentist

Today Lilly had her first visit to the dentist. She was really excited to go.  Let her dad know she had an appointment while jumping up and down excited.  And she did an amazing job.  I was a bit nervous about how she would do with all the different sounds and the chair but she rocked it.  She had a great hygienist who explained everything to Lilly and let her see how everything worked before doing anything. I was a little amused that everything was a Mr. (insert name of tool) but perhaps we have yet another reason why I work with high school students.

A cleaning wasn't officially in the plan but since she did so well the hygienist polished and flossed her teeth.  The only part Lilly was nervous for was the chair reclining. She sat up while the chair reclined and then laid back down.  While we waited for the dentist she got to pick a prize and a sticker from the prize box.  Lilly's choice was a little tiny camera/viewfinder (like those View Master toys). She was clicking through the photos and said, "I found Dory!"

The dentist did a nice job too.  This part I was slightly nervous for because Lilly is more uncomfortable around males.  But, Lilly opened her mouth and followed all his instructions. Turns out, and we have suspected since she was a baby because of her crooked smile, she has a cross bite on the left side so will need orthodontic help to correct that sometime between the ages of 7-9.  Time to start saving!

Normally I wouldn't have snapped a photo but
the hygienist stepped out to get strawberry
polish from another station so I quick snagged this for the blog.

Comments