Race Weekend!

Wahoo!!  Race is completed!  I ran the 10K without stopping and didn't want to die at the end.  It was in the early 30s at the start of the race, probably near 50 at the end.  So a cold start but actually a nice temperature for running and I was dressed perfectly.  The sun was shining the entire time, most of the race is on a gravel trail through the woods with beautiful fall colors - so a pleasant run.  Am I rushing off to do another race that long?  Most certainly not.  Could I see myself a year from now doing this race again and hoping to go faster?  Most certainly.  But now I will rest (I already sat on the couch and finished a book while Lilly napped) and take it easy.

The entire time Nick was snagging photos Lilly was chanting
"No, no, no!" She didn't want to pose.  You can't really tell though!


Friday evening there was the Loose Caboose Race, a race for kids 12 and under.  Free and kids all got free shirts and medals at the end.  Our entire house has been fighting a cold this week, so we didn't tell Lilly about the race until Friday morning.  Unfortunately when the time came for the race they started with the oldest kids and worked their way down to the kids four and under. . .  and it was cold!



Lilly was excited for her "big race" and did a great job while she waited for her turn to run.  The turn out was huge, it was great to see so many active kids.  The older kids ran two laps, a 1K, and the younger a 1/2K.  Lilly ran most of it - she was doing some great interval work, not so much great pacing herself.  Halfway through the race she chucked off her hat for she was too hot.

Her distractibility was also entertaining.  The course had the kids run by not one, but two parks.  She overhead one older brother telling his younger sister when she was done she'd get a medal too.  Lilly had to know about her medal and when she would get it.  At the end she took a while to cross the finish line because she loved the balloon archway.

The start.  As soon as the woman said go, Lilly took off.
I had to run in the grass around people to catch up to her!


Lilly running with Braden and his parents nearby

Lilly's friend Alma with her siblings.
Almost there!


Actually has not crossed the finish line yet.
And now she's singing Humpty Dumpty and Baa Baa Black Sheep, so I am guessing her nap is over.  Best go get her.

Comments